Dolores

• Submitted: Wed, April 30, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 30, 2003

• Reported By:Ogden Utah
First Consumer National Bank
P.O. Box 3910 Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumer National Bank ripoff swindlers liars Portland Oregon

I too had my account closed, not because of anything that I did. They said it was some business thing (can't recall how they stated it). I got a notice stating that as of March 7, 2003, that I would not be able to charge on my account. I had just renewed my account with them in December (mind you, an increase from $49 to $69). I sent them (and the Dept. of Consumer Protection in my state, it was later forwarded to another US department) a letter requesting a refund of a pro-rated amount of my annual fee since it was not my doing that I can no longer use my credit card.

I just got a letter from an Andrea Yates from the Operation/Compliance Department for FCNB, that this annual fee is non-refundable whether the account is closed by the consumer or by the credit grantor according to the Credit Card Agreement and Initial Disclosure Statement.

But after reading this "agreement", I can't find anything related to them closing the account, only something about having 30 days to reply if you do not agreed to the term (or changes), ie; increasing the annual fee. I'm going to send them another letter with a copy of their "agreement".

Rumi
Ogden, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2003 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumer-National-Bank/Portland-Oregon/First-Consumer-National-Bank-ripoff-swindlers-liars-Portland-Oregon-55165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumer National Bank