Complaint Review: First Consumer National Bank/Speigal

• Submitted: Sat, March 20, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 27, 2005

• Reported By:Louisiana Missouri
First Consumer National Bank/Speigal
PO Box 5811 Hicksville, New York U.S.A.

First Consumer National Bank / Speigal ripoff Fraudulent late fees & overlimit fees Hicksville New York

*UPDATE Employee: Bank at fault...not catalog company

Made payments on time for Speigal account for 3 years - never had a problem. Then last January, I received a letter saying the terms of my account were going to change - raising late fees and over limit fees unless I returned this letter which I did.

About a month later I received a letter saying my card was no longer good. I stopped receiving monthly statements, and every month, no matter when payment was made, I incurred a late fee. The last payment I made to them before I stopped sending them money was in October of last year. I had a $230 balance, sent them $100, and they only took only $20 off my balance due.

Does anyone know if this is the same Card Processing Center formerly of Beaverton, OR, that is the defendant in a Class Action suit brought on behalf of capitol one customers? I believe it is, but am not sure.

Tad
Louisiana, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2004 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumer-National-BankSpeigal/Hicksville-New-York-11802/First-Consumer-National-Bank-Speigal-ripoff-Fraudulent-late-fees-overlimit-fees-Hicksv-84724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumer National Bank/Speigal

Bank at fault...not catalog company

AUTHOR: Trevor - (Canada)

I am an employee with speigal and although I am sure many are upset with the billing practices of the bank, the fault lies solely in the bank. The fact that you are naming and blaming the catalog companies is unfair.
Speigal has changed banking partners , whether it was due to this reason or not, they should not be held accountable for the actions of another company. They recognized a problem and rectified the situation.
They have been in buisness over 100 years and have served their customers with great appreciation.