Complaint Review: First Consumers NationaL Bank

• Submitted: Mon, December 06, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 22, 2004

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
First Consumers NationaL Bank
9300 SW Gemini Drive Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumers National Bank Overpaid debt - FCNB did not foward $691.44 worth of payments to purchased debtor Beaverton Oregon

*Author of original report: Capital One resorts to fraud

I have paid off my debt through a consumer agency. They have been a great help and have suggested I contact the attorney general regarding the following issue:

FCNB/Card processing has recieved $691.44 towards my debt that that have not turned over to the agency they sold my debt to. Capital One is stating that I still owe over $487, when in fact I have overpaid in the amount of $203.83.

I have faxed copies of the cancelled checks (front and back) and copies of the EDI submission confirmations (all received from my credit counselor) to Capital One two seperate times in October. After being told by their representatives that those were not recieved, I sent the 40 pages worth of documents via the USPS, with delivery confirmation, which they received on November 16th. Three days ago I received a letter requesting I send copies of the cancelled checks and proof of any other payments I had made.

I have spoken with 12 different reps at Capital One, I have wasted over 15 hours of my time trying to resolve this and have been told that I should contact FCNB about the payments that were not forwarded. When I contact Card Processing, they tell me to take it up with Capital One. Today I was told by Capital One that they cannot post payments they have not received and that it is not their responsibility to find the payments that weren't submitted directly to them. I have filed a report with the attorney general against Capital One, and today will proceed to file the same complaint against FCNB, since they are the ones who didn't forward the payments.

It seems neither company is interested in researching the dispute. The funniest thing I have heard so far from a Capital One rep is that they are an upstanding company and are in no way trying to rip me off. This has been going on for almost 3 months now, and I still have not received a refund of my money or even a contact from someone who is researching the account. They have liasons with FCNB - why aren't they contacting them??? This debt is still on my credit report twice as FCNB AND Capital One and is obviously damaging my credit further, even though they now owe me money.

I will also be contacting the local news Consumer Advocate, and directing her to this very site, so that she may see that this is an epidemic.

Alyson
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2004 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-NationaL-Bank/Beaverton-Oregon-97078/First-Consumers-National-Bank-Overpaid-debt-FCNB-did-not-foward-69144-worth-of-payment-121530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers NationaL Bank

AUTHOR: Alyson - (U.S.A.)

I have now received a letter from Capital One saying they have decided to settle my debt.
That means that they still show I owe them over $487, but they have given up trying to collect it.
That means that it goes on my credit report for 7 years that I settled, which I did not. This is fraud and defamation of character, yet they are still saying they looked at the paperwork and all my payments have been applied and I need to contact FCNB.