Complaint Review: First Consumer's National Bank FCNB, Spiegel Charge

• Submitted: Mon, April 14, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 14, 2003

• Reported By:Amarillo Texas
First Consumer's National Bank FCNB, Spiegel Charge
9310 SW Gemini Drive Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumer's National Bank FCNB Spiegel Charge Failure to Honor Access Checks AFTER Many Customers Had Already Written Them Beaverton Oregon

Like other reports I've read here, FCNB/Spiegel also left me hanging out to dry. I received the access checks in February to use against my Spiegel Charge credit. I wrote one of the checks for approximately $600.00 to pay for a new fence around my back yard on March 6, 2003.

On March 18th, I received my personal little postcard informing me..."Hey, by the way...you're account's been closed (our fault, not yours) and you remember those nice little Access Checks we encouraged you to take advantage of (because you're such a great, longstanding customer and have never paid your bill late EVER in the last 8 years and we want to thank you)...well, we changed our minds, so you better hope you have the funds to cover any if you've already written them. We aren't going to honor them."

I had to BORROW the $600.00 from my family. If I had had the funds to "cover" the cost of the fence, I wouldn't have used the checks in the first place! DUH! And it's not like I could rip the fence out of the ground and take it back for credit.

I want something done, NOW! I want to be reimbursed. If I had pulled something like that to THEM (and with no prior notice, decided not to "honor" the terms of my end of the "contract"), they'd already have me in court by now to get THEIR money!!!

What makes this worse, is that I'm not one of the customers who keeps complaining about late fees and over-the-limit fees, because I have NEVER paid my bill late or gone over the credit limit. I've always been a loyal customer who followed the terms of the "contract". My $6400 credit limit speaks for itself.

Please feel free to contact me with any information regarding this ripoff at moodytawny@hotmail.com or sizzle@cox.net. Thanks.

Tonya
Amarillo, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2003 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB-Spiegel-Charge/Beaverton-Oregon-97078-0001/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB-Spiegel-Charge-Failure-to-Honor-Access-Checks-AFTER-Ma-52790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumer's National Bank FCNB, Spiegel Charge