Complaint Review: First Consumers National Bank FCNB

• Submitted: Thu, November 20, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2003

• Reported By:Simi Valley California
First Consumers National Bank FCNB
PO Box 4080 Portland,, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumers National Bank FCNB ripoff Fraudulent, deceptive, poor business practice. No wonder they went bankrupt! Portland, Oregon

I closed my account with Newport News months ago, because of the ever changing due date on my credit account. I was sick and tired of paying a $35.00 dollar late fee because of payments that were not credited to my account, or were repeatedly "late". I eventually got to the point, that I had to make payments over the phone and pay the $8.00 fee, just so I could avoid a $35.00 dollar late fee.

When FCNB went bankrupt, I was not given prior notification. When I called to make my payment by phone as I normally did, the line was disconnected. I called the Newport News customer service line, all they had was an address, which was wrong. It took me an additonal two weeks to get the corrected information,and a $35.00 late fee, from an automated collection call.

I think someone should be responsible for correcting all the false information that was reported. It is not the comsumers fault they went bankrupt, why should they, I, pay?

Sharon
Simi Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2003 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB/Portland-Oregon-97208/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB-ripoff-Fraudulent-deceptive-poor-business-practice-72583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers National Bank FCNB