Complaint Review: First Consumers National Bank - FCNB

• Submitted: Fri, April 25, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2008

• Reported By:Middletown New York
First Consumers National Bank - FCNB
Po Box 55143 Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumers National Bank - FCNB RIP OFF CREDIT CARD COMPANY THAT WENT BANKRUPT Lied, illegal fees, no credit protection Portland Oregon

*Consumer Comment: HOW TO CONTACT/COMPLAIN ABOUT CARD PROCESSING CENTER/FCNB/SPIEGEL/NEWPORT NEWS

*Author of original report: RE:FCNB RIP OFF CREDIT CARD COMPANY THAT WENT BANKRUPT Lied, illegal fees, no credit protection Portland Oregon

My son was hospitalized in the PICU for 5 weeks, nearly died. I called FCNB hysterical from the hospital to let them know my situation. The woman was very nice and said that the account would be placed in "hardship".

To my dismay after coming home with a child who could no longer walk or stand for any length of time, needing to learn how to again, I found stacks of bills that they had sent. I then called FCNB again asked about the extra insurance I had been paying on the card so that at a time like this they would make the payments for me. I was told I could not use it.

They didn't put the account in hardship, nor did they help by removing finance charges, etc.

A short time later I received a letter stating they were going bankrupt and all accounts would be canceled.

I continued to pay them and each payment, even though on time they would say was late. Incurring late fees then over the limit fees.

I wrote them and called to have them remove the illegal fees, and they would not respond, and I was unable to reach them. I did call the BBB on them. I finally gave up payments as I could never pay what they kept adding on.

Now, I have credit companies trying to collect the debt which is overinflated. I tell them all the same thing as above.

How can a company collect on something that is bankrupt???
How can they get away with illegal fees?

The extra moneys they received for my supposed payment protection program -- Where did it go? And why wasn't I allowed to use it in my time of need?

Katiz7
Middletown, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2008 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB/Portland-Oregon-97238/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB-RIP-OFF-CREDIT-CARD-COMPANY-THAT-WENT-BANKRUPT-Lied-328887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers National Bank - FCNB

HOW TO CONTACT/COMPLAIN ABOUT CARD PROCESSING CENTER/FCNB/SPIEGEL/NEWPORT NEWS

AUTHOR: Klassykajun - (U.S.A.)

I made my 3/30/08 payment by phone on 3/28. I was going to Europe and was not going to be here to make the 4/30 payment. I went back to the phone on 3/31 and made another payment for $80. In the mail on 5/5 I got a statement showing both payments and showing yet another payment due on 4/29. When I called the phone number which is the only one on the statement, I have now been charged a late fee. How can you be paid in advance and be late? Anyway..you may want to write a letter of complaint to "Customer Assistance Group, 1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450, Houston, TX 77010." You need to include the name of the company, your account number, address, phone number and an explanation of the problem.

Also you should include how you would like it resolved. This is the FTC branch that regulates banks and credit card companies. If enough of us do this, maybe something will happen. I finally got a live person at 516-576-8785. I explained the problem. He said had I talked to a live person I could have done that, but now my payment is past due. I asked how I should talk to a live person when they don't put a live person's number on the bill. His response was that you only got a live number when your account was in collections.

Hope this helps some of you!

AUTHOR: Katiz7 - (U.S.A.)

Well, I have been contacted by a lawyers office near where I live in NY.

I sent a dispute to them via fax, and then a week or two later received another letter stating that their client gave them the right to sue me.

I have researched information pertaining to SC law, where the account was opened and closed due to FCNB bankruptcy and the statue of limitations is 3 years.

I just faxed them this morning and told them this along with asking for verification of all charges and all sales receipts with my signature on them.

IS THERE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT????