Complaint Review: First Consumers National Bank (FCNB)

• Submitted: Tue, June 11, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, August 02, 2002

• Reported By:Philadelphia PA
First Consumers National Bank (FCNB)
Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumers National Bank (FCNB) ripoff, harrasment, persistant Portland Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: it's illegal

I signed up with FCNB thinking I was signing up with JCPenny. It turned out that it was a speigel card that was good at JCPenny. I thought I was getting a Penny's dept. store card .
After a while, I recieved a notice that I was preapproved for an FCNB visa. I accepted and have been regreting it ever since. The fees are astonomical and have put me in extremely deep debt.

I have signed up with debt consolidation. FCNB still calls me for a payment at least twice a week on my cell phone. I explain to them my situation and that they are to deal with the debt consolidators.

They respond to me by saying that it's an automated dialer, yet they can't take down the consolidators numeber and call them. I still hear from them alot.

First, they were saying they never recieved the proposal from the debt consolidators. The last person I talked to said they recieved the proposal and rejected it and needed another one.

They have recieved a proposal months ago, and said they never had. Then I find out they rejected it. I think they want to continue to harrass me for money because they know the proposal locks in a lower interest rate with no late or overlimit fees. I could't count the numerous late fees and overlimit fees that have been added to my balance due to the debt consolidation process.

Michele
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2002 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB/Portland-Oregon/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB-ripoff-harrasment-persistant-Portland-Oregon-22478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers National Bank (FCNB)

#1 Consumer Suggestion

it's illegal

AUTHOR: tim - ()

did they contact you at work? it is illegal for an oregon creditor to contact someone at their place of employment more than once a week and they must stop calling you at work alltogether if you tell them to.