Complaint Review: First Consumers National Bank, FCNB

First Consumers National Bank, FCNB
Nationwide U.S.A.

FCNB Ripoff Took Me From A 724 Credit Score To A 515 ripoff Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: problem helper

*Consumer Comment: Undeserved late fees?

If anyone knows how to get in touch with FCNB please let me know. This company sent me a card while I was in college with a credit score of 724, charged me underserved late fees, over the limit fee's then when I tried to cancel the card I found FCNB was no longer in charge and it was sent out as a closed account it to a collection agency. After trying to contact this unethical company without any luck I was forced to pay PENNCRO who stated that if I paid a certain dollar amount I was in the clear. That wasn't the case, since it is showing up twice on my credit report, once as an open case and the other as a "credit sell off/settlement" Which isn't a good thing. I found this website trying to figure out what to do and it appears there are quite a few of us out there with the same problem. How do we fix this?

John
Fed up in, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2005 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB/nationwide/FCNB-Ripoff-Took-Me-From-A-724-Credit-Score-To-A-515-ripoff-Nationwide-136814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers National Bank, FCNB

#1 Consumer Suggestion

problem helper

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

you do not have to wait all that time for it to come of.take the collection company and the credit reporting to small claim court fee is about $40 file court papers and about $40 sherf fee to service them i did it and won a $500 judment against FCNB and made the credit reporting company stop reporting it on my credit report, another problem i had with a collection company they refuse to remove something of my credit report i sue them .won $800 dollars.yuo can wait if you want to if it was me i sue ther butts

Undeserved late fees?

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

Why were the late fees undeserved? Do you have proof that your payments posted on time yet you still received late fees? If you were late you deserve a fee. Obviously the account charged off, which of course is not a good thing. You can't really fix that. Pay it and wait it out. It won't come off your credit report for 7 years. Why is that their fault and not yours? Just curious.