meat

• Submitted: Fri, July 18, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, October 06, 2003

• Reported By:Dart. Massachusetts
First Consumers National Bank
9310 SW Gemini Dr. Beaverton, Oregon Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

FCNB Newport News Speigel Eddie Bauer ripoff RE: Contact Telephone Number Beaverton Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Fight back

*Consumer Comment: Helpful Comments

*Consumer Comment: Help for incorrect credit reports

*Consumer Comment: Called phone number, still being told to write to them.

*Consumer Comment: Called phone number, still being told to write to them.

To those of you who were charged a $35.00 late fee for the month of July after sending in your FCNB payment on-time, I also was charged this fee after sending in my payment on time. I called the Company " BB & B " who FCNB "supposedly" merged with @ 1-800-476-4228 who then gave me another # 1-800-688-7070. I reached a Service Rep at that # who tried to transfer me to the 1-516-576-8706 #. I explained that it always cuts off or rings busy, so I had her conference me in and had her enter my account # on the automated system. It took her 3 tries to get through.

Eventually, we did reach a live person named Maureen who explained to me that all of the FCNB payments are now being fowarded to CARD PROCESSING CENTER P.O.BOX 5811 HICKSVILLE N.Y. 11802. She said the $35.00 late fee was a mistake since all payments took longer to get to them since they are being fowarded. She credited my account the $35.00. I asked her if I should expect this mistake again for my August payment. She said it "should" be straightened out be then.

I asked her for a reliable phone # that I could call next time I had a problem and she gave me 1-866-503-0872. So after speaking with Maureen, I curiously called the number she gave me. The "live human" person there said that I reached the collections department. I think that calling this # and demanding a manager is the only way to to get someone to help.

I do hope this information will help those of you who had the same problem I had reaching a "live human". We as customers should have been notified of what has been going on with this company. Shame on them..so much for good customer service. It's unacceptable..Good Luck

Kris
Dart., Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2003 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank/Beaverton-Oregon/FCNB-Newport-News-Speigel-Eddie-Bauer-ripoff-RE-Contact-Telephone-Number-Beaverton-Orego-64058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers National Bank

Fight back

AUTHOR: Wynette - (U.S.A.)

Thanks guys,

I used your information and also found the BBB in their area. If we send them the facts and comments, they they look into it and list them on the Better Business Bureau list of unscrupulous creditors:

Phone: (212)533-6200
Fax: (516)420-1095
399 Conklin St
Farmingdale, NY 11735 -2618

Helpful Comments

AUTHOR: LTracy - (U.S.A.)

I would also send copies of your dispute letters regarding FCNB to each of the credit bureaus that are listing your account. A few of you stated that you looked at your reports, were these classified as a Tri-Merge, being all three credit bureaus Equifax, Experian and Trans Union, or were they singular in nature.

Might I suggest that you continue to the other 2 agencies and request copies of your updated reports, and request that this entry be listed as unrated until the situation is resolved.

Here are the addresses I use when sending my clients dispute letters:

"EQUIFAX

ALLEN, TX 75013 "

"TRANS UNION
P.O. BOX 1000
CHESTER, PA 19022"

Good Luck and keep us posted

Help for incorrect credit reports

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Recently I received a copy of my credit report. I have a clean report except for one section that had a new negative entry. FCNB was reporting that Newport News was writing off a charge of $300 on my account. I do not owe this and I tried to contact FCNB to no avail. After being given several phone numbers and finally an address in Portland, Organ I wrote a letter to dispute the claim. I heard nothing from them.

So I started looking on the internet for some information about FCNB and found this Rip-Off Report page with information and more phone numbers. I called the 866-503-0872 number and talked with a person that gave me an address to write about my complaint. That address was Card Processing Center, PO Box 9204, Old Bethpage, NY 11804, Attn: Dispute Dept.

I am sending them a letter with my dispute along with a copy of the previous letter sent to FCNB in Organ and a copy of my credit report.

Hopefully this will be streightened out and removed from my credit report. Thank you for providing this information for me to followup on. I was at a deadend. I hope this will help someone else.

Called phone number, still being told to write to them.

AUTHOR: Ray - (U.S.A.)

The phone number you listed was my first success in talking to a live person, thank you! However, they insist that I write to them at the Old Bethpage, New York address. I have already done so. The people at this phone number tell me that they are receiving numerous letters and are responding to them all and despite me being persistant, kept telling me "we can only accepts payments at this number".

Called phone number, still being told to write to them.

AUTHOR: Ray - (U.S.A.)