Complaint Review: First Consumer's National Bank

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, July 22, 2003

• Reported By:Centralia Washington
First Consumer's National Bank
Gemini Drive Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Consumer's National Bank Spiegel, Eddie Bauer, Newport News, bank went defunct and never contacted consumers deceptive company false promises ripoff waste of time Beaverton Oregon

I was contacted by mail, presumably by Spiegel, as a preauthorized account holder. I took the bait, and ordered a digital camera from Spiegel. With only $27 left owing on the account, I went online to Spiegel to order a birthday gift for my daughter. Entered my card number, and it wouldn't process.

I called Spiegel, who informed me that the Bank was out of business, and Spiegel was no longer accepting their cards. I tried for a Spiegel account and was refused because I had too many recently opened credit cards (Shell, and FCNB). I cannot contact the bank itself.

Their number is disconnected, but I might add, they are still accepting my payments by mail.

Centralia, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2003 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank/Beaverton-Oregon/First-Consumers-National-Bank-Spiegel-Eddie-Bauer-Newport-News-bank-went-defunct-and-n-64368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumer's National Bank