Complaint Review: First Consumers National Bank

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2004

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
First Consumers National Bank
P.o. Box 2638 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

First Consumers National Bank FCNB ripoff Was told "We are going out of business - your card is no good." Omaha Nebraska

Last spring, I went to use my credit card and the atm said, "Not Valid." I was puzzled so I called FCNB. They said, "Oh, I guess you didn't get the notice. We are going out of business - your card is no good." I said, "So, that's it? Never mind the fact that people may be on vacation or in the midst of a car rental transaction?" She sarcastically said, "That's it lady - it's over- now pay your bill and have a nice day." Then she hung up on me.

I continued to make my payments even though I was angry and disgusted but NOW - they are charging late fees and over the limit fees on a card that was not near the limit AND whose payments have never been late!!! How can that be?

I attempted to reach them but you cannot speak to a live person. The voicemail does not even give you the option and the website they refer you to on the recording does not exist.

I do not want my credit to be ruined. My balance was $699 (3) mos ago now it is $870 yet I have made all of my payments on time to a company that is out of business. I have been honorable but FCNB has not.

After reading the other's rip off reports- it is imparative that action be taken.

jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2004 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank/Omaha-Nebraska-68103/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB-ripoff-Was-told-We-are-going-out-of-business-your-ca-81511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers National Bank