Complaint Review: First Consumers National Bank

• Submitted: Tue, April 06, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, April 06, 2004

• Reported By:Ceresco Nebraska
First Consumers National Bank
P.O. Box 2779 Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

First Consumers National Bank FCNB ripoff Portland Oregon

I was a customer of FCNB since 1999 after a bankruptcy. I thought they were there to help those in need. I have paid off the entire balance of the bill which was a little over $1600. I was turned down for credit and when I got my report it shows that there are outstanding charges of $3000 for FCNB.

When I called them they told me they never received payment and that those were late charges that were added on. In the 3 years I had their card I always had problems with them overcharging, charging late fees when I never made minimum payment, late fees that were added when they added on the "yearly" charge.

The funny thing is I never received a statement after the payoff. I did however receive something a year later from a collection bureau and since I didnt recognize the name on the account, never pursued it. Now I wish I had.

They are still refusing to take it off my report even tho they have had the proof sent to them that it is PAID IN FULL!!!

SO now I have $3000 on my report that does not belong to me. And how could they be bankrupt when they took advantage of people the way they did! Seems to me with all the charges they came up with at their discretion should be more then enough to keep them going!

This company never posted payments on time...and at one time talking to someone they finally found my payment stuck on someones desk because they did not know where to send it? And then it was like pulling teeth to get the late fees off. Another time they posted it a day late and added the fees and when I called them and told them that the check had cleared 2 days before that, they still refused to take off the fees until I PROOVED to them (by cancelled check) that that was the case. They argue with you on everything you call about and are very rude.

Ceresco, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2004 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-Bank/Portland-Oregon-97208/First-Consumers-National-Bank-FCNB-ripoff-Portland-Oregon-86768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers National Bank