Complaint Review: First Consumers National Bank/Spiegel Charge Card

Portland, Oregon U.S.A.
  • Phone: 503-520-8200
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Consumers National Bank/Spiegel Charge Card Credit Card payments and unlawful late fees fraudulent ripoff business Portland/Beaverton Oregon

*Consumer Comment: fcnb spiegel

*Author of original report: Phone Number Update

I too have had many issues regarding FCNB/Spiegel Charge Account. I have had many problems with FCNB and accruing incorrect late fees due to them holding payments until after the due dates.

I sent FCNB a check for $358.96 to pay off the balance of the account three weeks ago and it still has not posted, or been deposited. I live in Tacoma, WA and mail to Portland takes one day, sometimes two.

I sent a complaint to the State Attorney General's Office in Portland via their website. I then called them to see if I should also file a complaint to the Washington State Attorney General. The woman I spoke with said that filing the Oregon complaint would suffice. She also informed me that she has received 396 formal complaints about FCNB and the Spiegel Accounts and that a Class Action Lawsuit may be in the future.

My suggestion is, don't wait until it's too late, file a complaint today online or call them to file a complaint.

Michael
Tacoma, Washington

Michael
Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2003 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers-National-BankSpiegel-Charge-Card/Portland-Oregon-97208/First-Consumers-National-BankSpiegel-Charge-Card-Credit-Card-payments-and-unlawful-late-f-63010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers National Bank/Spiegel Charge Card

fcnb spiegel

AUTHOR: karrie jo - (United States of America)

I was just wondering what is going on with this situation with the spiegel co?  Did the people ever get their money forwarded to FCNB?  Are they still trying to collect debts?

Phone Number Update

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I was reading the other complaints and saw that I could reach the FCNB at 516 576-8706, so I called and after many minutes and many pushes of various buttons on the keypad of the phone, I finally reached a live person at a payment center, they said that they could accept a payment over the phone, and that because the payment had not been received by the due date, I would accrue a late fee, and be charged a phone fee of $8. I then asked to be transferred to a manager, and literally was placed on hold for 25 minutes. I finally spoke to a collections agent who said that the closed out Spiegel Accounts are being handled by a company in New York called MBIA, PO Box 9204, Old Bethpage, NY 11804. They were very unprofessional and it took me almost the entire 15 minute conversation to get this info out of them.