Complaint Review: First Consumers

• Submitted: Fri, August 01, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, August 03, 2003

• Reported By:north little rock Arkansas
First Consumers
Po Box 2210 Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

FCNB First Consumers National Bank consumer fraud ripoff Portland Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: I have a phone # for you!!!

They opened a credit card account for me, I charged some on it, but did not exceed the limit, the contacted me and summarily closed the account. I continued to make payments on the account in an amount that was decreasing the balance in excess of the minimum payment required, they lowered the Limit and then charged me overlimit fees, so I sent in a larger payment and they charged another overlimit fee. one month charging me $70 in overlimit fees on an $800 balance.

The phone number is useless, you only get an information phone, you can not talk to a person or leave a message. They are absolutely a rip off anyone knowing of any group interested in a class action law suit against them please let me know. I will immeadiately participate. spread the word these people are nothing but theives. any other ideas on how to pursue action against them please let me know.

Tom
north little rock, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2003 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumers/Portland-Oregon-97208-2210/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Portland-Oregon-65133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumers

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I have a phone # for you!!!

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

Try this # 866-475-1434, you will talk to a person, ask to speak to a supervisor. I talked to one the other day,unfortunatly, out of all my paper work I threw her name away. I think it was Tanasha Peels. I too have been ripped of by FCNB. Paying 100's in late fees, this supervisior was able to zero out my account, which helps some, but I'm sure I'll never recover the unfair late and over the limit fees.

I did call the FDIC, (who actually closed down FCNB), you must have to do something real wrong to be shut down by the FDIC, however the were no help either. I would love to file a class action suit, however, would have no clue on how to start one. I do have an address for you to, it's
Cardmember Services