May 22, 2007 I phoned the same man I spoke to on the 21st to ask him more questions, and attempted to get a time frame as to when this issue may be resolved.
During this conversation he did again acknowledge this in fact was a 3rd card, and stated they had requested a copy of the application form for this card. I told him around Jan 2006 my mother had requested another card & filled out an application, but the teller (who was in training at the time) was stopped by the branch manager and instructed on the "one account / one card" rule. Therefore, my mother left the completed application with the branch employees assuming it would be distroyed, and left the branch without receiving any additional debit card(s). I questioned whether this 3rd card & pin number would have been mailed, but he claimed she would have received it at the branch. Which she did not.
I then told him how after our conversation(s) the day prior I had called the customer service line (2x) and put the scenario to two different reps that "got the Gold Key Card when opened the account / changed to the MasterCard / but wanted to add an additional debit card... was that possible" and both reps said "No".
Also, I went into my local branch last night & ran the same scenario to the tellers, and again I was told "one account holder = one card". This man (who to me should know policy since he's working in the investigations department) openly admitted "I do not know if it's policy" when I asked him directly if the "1/1" statements by their reps was "policy".
Also during my visit to my local branch I obtained a copy of the paperwork given to new customers, and nowhere on those 13 pages does it say anything about how many debit cards are allowed to be active on one account. Finally on the "1/1" subject this man did state, "Well if that's what you where told then that's what we'll go with." The meaning behind that statment is what?
The last question I put to this man was, "If it is policy that only card can be active on one account at a time then why was the application processed in the first place?" The response I received was, a long pause, then "I'm not going to answer that at this time. I am going to wait until we receive the application."
In closing he said they should receive their copy of the application by Friday, May 25th. So, I guess we're stuck waiting for the next three days to hear what their next move will be.
Again, any "helpful" information would be great appreciated!
Tennessee Colony, Texas