Complaint Review: First Credit Of America, Clear Credit

• Submitted: Tue, August 16, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 16, 2005

• Reported By:Camarillo California
First Credit Of America, Clear Credit
300 N. Elizabeth Street Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

First Credit Of America, Clear Credit Fraudulent Billing Ripoff Report these clowns to the FTC, Federal Trade Commission Chicago Illinois

I recenlty received a phone call from 1st Credit of America, trying to collect a $59 debt that they claimed I owed to a company called Clear Credit. This claim came as a complete surprise, as I only went to there web site a couple of times, and never agreed to any charges. It also surprised me because I haven't even viewed there site for about 2 years. I told the man from 1st Credit of America that I did not owe them anything, and would call Clear Credit direct to dispute it.

I then went to Clear Credits web site, and found it to be out of service. There was no phone number, and when I attempted to email them, it said the server is down. It also shows their service is not available at this time.

Since the first phone call I received on the 28th, I have done a lot of research on this company, as well as my rights thru the State and Federal Fair Debt Collections Practices Statutes. After reviewing the law, I noticed that First Credit of America failed to notify me in writing within 5 days as required by law of my right to dispute the charges within 30 days, as well as my right to request proof of the claim against me. Even so, I have written them requesting this proof. The harassing phone calls are continuing.

If you are unfortunate enough to be attacked by these clowns, learn your rights and go after them. There is a Federal law that gives you the upper hand. Check it out at http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm. More important, make sure you report this to the FTC at https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?

Z_ORG_CODE=PU01. If we all report this activity to the FTC, I think it will get their attention!!!

Robert
Camarillo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2005 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Credit-Of-America-Clear-Credit/Chicago-Illinois-60607/First-Credit-Of-America-Clear-Credit-Fraudulent-Billing-Ripoff-Report-these-clowns-to-the-153910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Credit Of America, Clear Credit