Complaint Review: First Credit Of America, My Perfect Credit, Clear Credit

• Submitted: Mon, July 25, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, July 25, 2005

• Reported By:Stone Mountain Georgia
First Credit Of America, My Perfect Credit, Clear Credit
myperfectcredit.com , California U.S.A.

First Credit Of America, My Perfect Credit, Clear Credit fraud, never heard of or used company California California

*Author of original report: Just remembered I ordered reports directly from Equifax, Experian and TransUnion

I received a phone call on July 23, 2005 from First Credit of America. They said that I owed Clear Credit(previously known as My Perfect Credit) $59.95. I have never heard of or used this company before. They said I signed up for this in February of this year via the internet and that I have received 3 billing notices from the company either in the mail or by email. I have never received a bill from this company. They told me that I gave them my credit card # and I said if I did, why wasn't my card charged. They said it was in February, so I then asked if it was, why am I being charged now. They said, the charge must have not gone thru. They were very rude and refused to give me a number, they claim they don't have one. They said I could dispute but I have to pay first before I dispute the charge. If I didn't pay, they would put me down as refusing to pay and put it on my credit report with 50% interest. I refuse to pay for something I didn't use but I am scared of this being put on my credit report. How did they get my ss# and address and phone #? I'm confused. Has anyone received this phone call from them who has never heard of or used these services and actually had this appear of their credit report? Let me know. And if you did what have you done or are you doing about it. What are our rights?

Maya
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2005 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Credit-Of-America-My-Perfect-Credit-Clear-Credit/California/First-Credit-Of-America-My-Perfect-Credit-Clear-Credit-fraud-never-heard-of-or-used-com-151167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Credit Of America, My Perfect Credit, Clear Credit

AUTHOR: Maya - (U.S.A.)

I just remembered that I did order reports directly from Equifax, Experian and TransUnion and the beginning of this year and this is the only time I remember getting reports. Possibly my information was received by My Perfect Credit from one of these agencies.

copy