Complaint Review: First Credit Of America

• Submitted: Wed, July 20, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, July 21, 2005

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
First Credit Of America
300 N Elizabeth Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

First Credit Of America Ripoff Or mistake Calling to collect for, My Perfect Credit, company unlisted, on a debt I don't owe Chicago Illinois

*Author of original report: Premiere Credit Management of N America aka First Credit of America read on for more aka's

First Credit of America started calling yesterday to collect on a debt for "My Perfect Credit" or "Clear Credit"-not sure which, according to them, claiming that I used them to clean up my credit over the internet last January. I have not sought help from a credit repair company. I stopped using credit for the most part, after my last bad experience about 7 years ago. This is bizarre because who would target someone with bad credit for identity theft just to clean up their credit? And how did they get my ssn?

First Credit of America refused to give out any information on any of the companies so that I could contact them to dispute the charge so I turned to the internet. I couldn't find a listing for My Perfect Credit but Clear Credit is listed. When I tried to look up Frist Credit of America, Rip-Off Report.com came up. They are trying to get $59 out of me. I filed bk appx 7 years ago. Immediately afterwards, I got credit card offerings in the mail. I only responded to the ones that weren't for secured cards - Providian & Capitol One. Anyone wanting to re-establish credit should use caution when accepting these offers. Although what they do may be legal, it probably shouldn't be. In my case, I was flooded with offers. I accepted the two best offers thinking I'd better take advantage since my bk made me uncreditworthy. One offer was for a card with a $1000 limit but I got a card with a $300 limit and a $150 balance, if I remember correctly.

From my experience it appears that they appeal to credit junkies with several offers. Some people may respond to the offers thinking that if they accept them all, they will have more credit available to them. Then they find that the limits on the cards are alot lower than advertised and they get a credit card that already has a balance due -even before they ever get a chance to use it. I never paid it and stopped using credit except to buy a car. It's 7 years later and suddenly I am getting calls from Premiere Credit Management (out of the blue) trying to collect $1500 on the Providian debt. This is what could happen to you if you're not careful! Because I have only agreed to pay them 30 cents on the dollar, I believe they have sold my information to First Credit of America since they also started calling me out of the blue. I believe these companies may be exchanging information and should be investigated.

As for My Perfect Credit/Clear Credit, I have never tried to clean up my credit over the internet or otherwise using them or any other company. That claim is false. At any rate, because fraudulent companies don't follow the laws anyway, I am wondering how I can get them to stop harrassing me or selling my information. Afterall, I can write them and tell them to stop but will they listen?

Rhonda
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2005 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Credit-Of-America/Chicago-Illinois-60607/First-Credit-Of-America-Ripoff-Or-mistake-Calling-to-collect-for-My-Perfect-Credit-compa-150602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Credit Of America

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

At first, Eric Hawkins 888-790-2777x334, Legal Ast to Debbie Cohen of Bennet Nobel & Cohen started calling on behalf of Premiere Credit Management to collect on a 7 year old debt. Then, First Credit of America started. First Credit claims to be collecting on a credit repair debt that I don't owe. I didn't make the connection until I looked them up on the internet. They are licensed in Connecticut & N Dakota. There are 9 aka listings and numerous addresses, phone numbers and web addresses but the only name listed is Jeffrey P. I hope this list helps anyone who is being harrassed by them. I have to assume that all of these companies, since they are connected with First Credit of America, are bogus as well. Aka's include:
Credit Management Control Inc