Complaint Review: First Data

• Updated: Tue, March 11, 2014

• Reported By: disgus-Ted — anonymous Texas
First Data
5565 Glenridge Connector, NE Atlanta, Georgia USA

First Data First Data Global Processing, Merchant Services, probably many more. Also, Direct Processing Solutions in Austin Texas locked me into a 48 month lease for a piece of equipment that I did not need, want or sign up for Atlanta Georgia

When I needed a new credit card processor for my e-commerce website, I signed up with first data.  I operate this biz from my garage and have no shop that customers can come into, so I only needed online services.  However, I was sent a piece of equipment - a "Magtek mini micr chk redr" - for which I had no use, had not asked for and it came with a 48 month contract.  Again, I had no need for a check reader as 100% of saels are online.  I contacted the local representative, a sales person from "Direct PRocessing Solutions" in Austin Texas and told him about this.  He said he would find out about this and fix it.  Now, 5 months later, I am still being charged monthly for a piece of equipment that I never needed, asked for, or wanted.  When I call first data, they say that first of all, I signed a contract for it  (I didn't) and second, it is the responsibility of Direct Processing Solutions to fix this.  They are each blaming the other and this scam thus perpetuates itself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2014 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Data-/Atlanta-Georgia-30342/First-Data-First-Data-Global-Processing-Merchant-Services-probably-many-more-Also-1129943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Data