Complaint Review: First Data - First Data Global Leasing, Cardservice International, First Data Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, April 06, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, September 02, 2010

• Reported By: Southern Bay Co — San Diego California United States of America

First Data - First Data Global Leasing, Cardservice International, First Data Corporation FDGL FRAUDULENT LEASING PRACTICES TARGETING NEW BUSINESSES Internet

*General Comment: I agree

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: First Data Global Leasing

I started a small flower shop in Santa Monica, CA.  An overly friendly representative came in as soon as I opened my doors.  He signed me up for a $87.75/month for four years for what he described as an "incredibly expensive machine".  I didn't know any better not having worked with merchant services before, and I signed.  About a year and a half ago, we had a massive fire that destroyed the machine.  I was with a new merchant service company at the time, and they directed me to a company that sold these machines.  I thought they would be thousands of dollars.  I was shocked when they sold me the exact same machine for $250.  Four years later, I have paid around $4,500 for a machine that I could have bought outright for $250.  They even charged me $250 for the equipment at the end of the lease since it had been destroyed in the fire.  There seems to be A LOT of storied like mine out there, and I would be very interested in any kind of litigation to stop FDGL from doing this to others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2010 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Data-First-Data-Global-Leasing-Cardservice-International-First-Data-Corporation/internet/First-Data-First-Data-Global-Leasing-Cardservice-International-First-Data-Corporation-590092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Data - First Data Global Leasing, Cardservice International, First Data Corporation

#1 General Comment

I agree

AUTHOR: Fightscam - (USA)

I sympathize with your story.  We have been conned by them and their sales partner Merchantlynx.  There is a long history of fraudulent practice by FDGL.  It's unfortunately that so many small businesses have been harmed by FDGL.  We don't have a real solution either but I hope that many of the victims can team up and fight back.  You should start with your local Better Business of Bureau first by filing a complaint with them electronically.

And I just heard from someone about this attorney in NY that has represented a plaintiff who sued another leasing company named Northern Leasing.  I think he's experienced in this area (i'm not affiliated with this attorney at all btw).

(((Redacted)))

You can reach me at (((Redacted)))

Good luck

SA

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

First Data Global Leasing

AUTHOR: bettina - (United States of America)

I can feel your pain. First Data has send a representative to our Pizzeria in

Indianapolis,IN. We did own two terminals OUTRIGHT, but First Data promised

lower CC processing fees and a lease agreement for two new terminals.

In the amount of 171,20 for 48 month = 8217.60

First Data representative said that our machines which we owned outright

are out of compliance and would result in severe penalties in the thousands.

They mislead us to believe that laws have changed and our terminals cannot

be used. So we signed on.

5 month later we learned our owned outright terminals are within ALL COMPLIANCE.

We have stopped making the monthly payments.

Everybody that has been mislead by First Data Global Leasing should respond.

Maybe together we could file a class action suit.