Complaint Review: First Data Global Leasing

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Victimized — PORT ANGELES Washington
First Data Global Leasing
265 BROAD HOLLOW R Melville, New York United States of America

First Data Global Leasing First Data Bait and Switch 265 BROAD HOLLOW R Melville New York

I was involved with bait and switch along with breech of contract from a company
named Prestige Payment Systems.  They convinced me that they would save me $200-$250 a month on my processing charges.  I said, if you can save me that much then I will change process company.  During this time I was told that the $200-250 savings would have to include a credit card machine.  I told them I didn't need it and would not use it, they replied you will still save money with the equipment and in order to receive the savings I was forced to receive the equipment.  I guess I should have not proceeded, but I figure they stated I would still have a huge savings even with the machine.

A couple months later I began using the new processing company and I received my first bill after processing $2700 worth of business and I noticed I was charge over $400.  Now normally I pay $600 for processing over $15,000 a month.  So I was shocked when I received a bill for over $400.  I called and asked why I was charged so much and they replied, "that's what you signed up for."  I stated, "no you told me I would save money and so for you are wrong and it is pretty clear I will be spending more money."  I then asked them where the $250 credit I was to receive for canceling my other processing company.  They stated, "we usually wait until the customer requested it."  So I requested it; 120 days past I never received my credit and my prices were crazy.  I called and cancel the contract due to breech of contract along with bait and switch.  They canceled it and I never heard anything from them.  Now I have a bill from First Data for over $6,000. I explained that I was involved in a bait and switch along with a breech of contract and they stated we are sorry but you leased equipment from us.  I then replied that I sent the equipment back  to their company and no longer have it.  They are now
telling me they will settle for $3,000.  I don't understand why they can't see that I was brought into the entire agreement under false information that was provided to me via another company.  Since the contract was illegally represented by Prestige I am getting punished from this company and they will not settle or cancel my contract due to the bait and switch tactic that influenced my actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Data-Global-Leasing/Melville-New-York-11747/First-Data-Global-Leasing-First-Data-Bait-and-Switch-265-BROAD-HOLLOW-R-Melville-New-York-1040686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Data Global Leasing