Complaint Review: First Data Merchant Services

• Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: debtsettler — Los Angeles California
First Data Merchant Services
13C7 Walt Whitman Road Melville, New York United States of America

First Data Merchant Services Keith McNeely DONT USE FIRST DATA MERCHANT SERVICES - SCAM RIPOFF CROOKS Melville, New York

*Author of original report: Well heres an answer BS, First Data Employee

*Consumer Comment: You're leaving out detail. I call BS.

So, on starting my business a week ago, I was approved by FIRST DATA MERCHANT SERVICES for credit card processing. They ran my credit, sent me the machine, help me setup the account, and I used the machine twice.

Then, 7 days later I get a call stating my account has been cancelled as of yesterday, with absolutely no reason given. I tried to call the number given by this Keith McNeely 631-683-6139 and left several messages. Then also tried calling customer service who was extremely rude and wouldn't even let me finish the sentence. Finally, when i threatened to file a FTC complaint, they put me through to this guy who was cold and couldn't give a damn that he's just brought my business to a stand still. He gave me a very lame excuse. So it's off to the FTC to file a complaint.

RUN, don't WALK away from this company. OH, by the way, they are still charging me fees for the two times I used the machine. SCAM and RIPOFF!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Data-Merchant-Services/Melville-New-York-11747/First-Data-Merchant-Services-Keith-McNeely-DONT-USE-FIRST-DATA-MERCHANT-SERVICES-SCAM-RI-1044565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Data Merchant Services

Well heres an answer BS, First Data Employee

AUTHOR: debtsettler - ()

Imagine spending well over tens of thousands  to start your first business. Then imagine being convinced by the Rep, after you told him exactly what your business is and how it works to be told no problem two weeks ago. Then imagine getting that exciting call three days later saying that underwriting your business has approved your application. (With absolutely no word from some RISK department or even a suggestion that they are following up).

My business is no different from businesses like derma businesses that offer more than one service for a discount, just like lazer hair removal, just like skin peels, or any such business where people would come back for several sessions to see optimal results.

Then to top it all off, (my dear friend who calls this BS aka Company Employee), Imagine standing with a customer trying to ring through a credit card to be told the company had cancelled your merchant account and left you standing there looking like a SHMUCK! If you can't imagine that, then why not take a good look in the mirror!   Luckily, I have found other solutions Like SQUARE, PAYNET and several other companies that will take credit cards and they have dealt with hundreds of situations. And If I have to wait several weeks to get larger amounts of money it, it's worth it (but unlikely).

What FIRST DATA did to me was downright DISGUSTING. The service should NEVER have been approved if there was an issue in the first place.

And finally, because I'm NOT COMPLETELY FURIOUS, just merely VERY ANGRY, this is lucky for you, this will probably be as far as it goes.. Because, if I was completely angry, there would be a website at the top of google (did I mention I was a website developer), quoting what a RIP OFF this FIRST DATA company is, and how DANGEROUS it is to believe them when they say "Oh, All is well, Congratulations,you've been approved:.

Did I mention how rude Customer Service was, by never letting me even finish a sentence, just kept telling me to call another number. Oh dear, I must have forgot.

All in all a DISGUSTING APPROACH TO CUSTOMERS, who have many other things to worry about with the start of a business.

PUBLIC, you've been warned. You now now what to expect!!

You're leaving out detail. I call BS.

AUTHOR: The Insensitive Lobster - ()

You are definitely leaving out detail. You claim that this company closed your account "for absolutely no reason", but later on you say they gave you "a very lame excuse" why the account was closed. Well, which is it?

I'm not a business expert, but I highly doubt a company would close a customer's account for no reason, thus depriving themselves of the money they'd make off of that customer. Why don't you tell us what this "lame excuse" was? I gather you left that out because then you couldn't act like such a victim.