Complaint Review: First Data Merchant Services

• Updated: Sat, May 22, 2010

• Reported By: ask4aphrodite — BOISE Idaho United States of America
First Data Merchant Services
PO BOX 5180, SIMI VALLEY, California United States of America

First Data Merchant Services Execessive Fees and hidden cancellation fees SIMI VALLEY, California

*Consumer Comment: Cancellation fee rip off

Our business was charged exessive fees by First Data Merchant Services. They just started this year by adding $99.00 annual fee and a $6.95 monthly fee in addition to their other monthly fees of $9.95 for a monthly statement and $10.00 customer service fee to talk to a teller and technical support. In addition to cancel with them even though our contract was over in 2009 we are being charged a $75.00 cancellation fee. They claim it was in our contract when I disputed the charge telling them our contract was over months ago. They need to be stopped. We have switched to our personal banks merchant services. They don't charge these outragous mobster type fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2010 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Data-Merchant-Services/SIMI-VALLEY-California-93062/First-Data-Merchant-Services-Execessive-Fees-and-hidden-cancellation-fees-SIMI-VALLEY-Ca-586287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Data Merchant Services

Cancellation fee rip off

AUTHOR: Scammed Again - (United States of America)

This company is a joke. I found a new merchant service in December of 2009. It took me 4 months and numerous faxes and phone calls to cancel thier service. In the meantime they were still charging me a monthly fee and since the new year came around. They charged me a annual fee as well.

Mind you, I had another merchant account. So, I was paying for 2 services. Everytime you call them. You will be transfer to another operator. ( They talk like thier reading a script).

Stay away from them.  A $75 fee turned in to about $300.