• Report: #1081920

• Reported By: Mikafan — Dewey Arizona
First Data
P.O. Box 5180 Simi Valley, California USA

First Data Beware of First Data Simi Valley California

I went with First Data because it was recommended to me by a business partner but it was the biggest mistake of my life.  The Rep never mentioned anything about a year or any cancellation fees even when I was questioning him about it.  They justify all this telling you that it was in their contract but there contract is full of fine print which you don't understand even if you read it all and as I said above the rep was not forthcoming at all.  I don't know how people like this sleep at night.

They have now debited around $600 from my account and they have still not cancelled my account and they are telling me that even though it has been a year and they have taken all of this money for nothing, I still need to pay them $30 to cancel the account.  They told me if it was before the year I would have been charged hundreds of dollars.  Everything with this company is another fee and they do not budge from any of these fees even when you talk to a supervisor.

Another thing, you can't just call and verify info and cancel your account.  You have to fax or mail them a cancellation notice and until they get it your cancellation won't be processed.  I sent a fax and they told me they never got it which meant they charged me for another month because they never received my notice. I called Authnet because they are somehow affiliated with First Data and the easily cancelled my account over the phone after I verified my info.  Problem though is that they don't charge you directly First Data does so they cannot help you stop the charges or refund any fees.

Major rip-off so save yourself time and money and go with someone else.  I actually think that I could have gone with Authnet directly but I didn't know so now it has cost me.  Live and learn life's tough lessons.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Data/Simi-Valley-California-93062/First-Data-Beware-of-First-Data-Simi-Valley-California-1081920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Data