Complaint Review: First Dominion Financial Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, May 05, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 05, 2009

• Reported By:Oklahoma City Oklahoma
First Dominion Financial Inc.
200 HWY 7, Midalnd Ont. L4R 1Y5 Nationwide Canada

First Dominion Financial Inc. "Official Check" sweepstakes scam Midland ontario

I just received a letter, (with no return address) and a computer printed label postmarked from Canada. Inside is a form letter and a (looks like it is real) check for $4975.00.
The letterhead is First Dominion Financial Inc. International claim department, 200 Highway 7, Midland ONT. L4R 1Y5

basically, the gist of the letter is that I have won a sweepstakes, (that I never entered) I have supposedly won $250,000.00 ( I wish!!) and I am supposed to call the 1-877-874-0204 number and get further instructions to claim my money. The purpose of the enclosed check is stated as "The sole purpose of this check is for the payment of applicable Government Taxes on your big winnings." and that the tax amount is $2995.00 USD (Right!) that equates to a tax of 1.19% of the winnings. I do not believe that is the applicable tax for "windfall profits"!

Althought I could definitely use 250K, as I am sure most people could, I wanted to make sure that no one fell for this obvious SCAM!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2009 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Dominion-Financial-Inc/nationwide/First-Dominion-Financial-Inc-Official-Check-sweepstakes-scam-Midland-ontario-449057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Dominion Financial Inc.