Complaint Review: First Equity Bank

• Submitted: Tue, April 11, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 11, 2006

• Reported By:Baldwin Park California
First Equity Bank
P.O. Box 23029 Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-756-7870
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Equity Bank ripoff false pretense The credit protection I signed up for did not pay my monthly bill Columbus Georgia

When I signed up for my First Equity Credit Card I also signed up for their credit protection plan as well. It stated that by signing up for the plan it would cover my monthly bill for me in the case of disabilty from my job, that was one of about 10 different situations. Well I called the company to activate it and it was. 1 month later I recieved my bill with no credits paid towards it late fees and they still charge me for my credit protection coverage. I paid anywhere from $35 to $55 a month for this coverage and for it not work for me. I immediately called the company and they said they will request a payment history to see if there was anything in the system of any payments from the program administrative department which handled the credit protection coverage.

A couple days later I recieved a phone call (first of over 30 harrasing phone calls) telling me that I must make a payment immediately because now my account is past due and I incurred late fees and over the limit fees. My response was I am on disability from my job I already activated my credit protection over 1 month ago it should be getting taken care of. It didn't stop there. I've been on disability over 7 months and this situation hasn't been resolved. I'm still getting phone calls and letters with close to $400 of fees. Don't get a credit card from this Bank "FIRST EQUITY BANK" or any type of coverage through them because they sell u under false pretense.

Mario
Baldwin Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2006 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Equity-Bank/Columbus-Georgia-31901/First-Equity-Bank-ripoff-false-pretense-The-credit-protection-I-signed-up-for-did-not-pay-186109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Equity Bank