Complaint Review: First Extended Service Corp

• Submitted: Mon, September 24, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 24, 2007

• Reported By:Manchester New Hampshire
First Extended Service Corp
1345 Riverbend Drive Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

First Extended Service Corp, Aka FESC Refusal to pay for valid repair Dallas Texas

I purchased a gently used Acura from a reputable dealer in Nashua, NH 5 months ago. Today, my passenger power window literally slid down by itself inside the door and I heard a piece of metal fall apart inside the door. I immediately took my vehicle to the Honda dealer where I purchased it. They diagnosed it as needing a "window regulator". After they called FESC, they told me that is not covered. I am now expected to shell out $595 to fix the window that my 'Hi Tech Portfolio" warranty feels that should not be covered. What is amazing is the dealer is actually confused why this is not covered as he thought it should be. To make it more scandalous is that FESC says the window motor is covered but not the regulator....but the regulator is one piece with the motor and cannot be separated! (Some cars they are separate pieces, but acuras make them all one)....so, if the motor has to be replaced, and they cover window motors, why isn't this covered? I don't know why people don't argue their claims in court, I can't see them winning too many cases, and if their legal dept. is anything like their customer service, (who seem like they are eating a piece of fried chicken and you interrupted their nap), then I'm sure their attorneys didn't score too high on the bar. I'm definitely filing a case if my dealership doesn't find a swift resolution. Why did I pay $1,000 dollars for this warranty when they can't even help me roll up and down my window?

Pfo
Manchester, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2007 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Extended-Service-Corp/Dallas-Texas-75313/First-Extended-Service-Corp-Aka-FESC-Refusal-to-pay-for-valid-repair-Dallas-Texas-275889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Extended Service Corp