Complaint Review: First Extended Service Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, May 20, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, May 23, 2004

• Reported By:yonkers New York
First Extended Service Corporation
P.O. Box 130745 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

First Extended Service Corporation denied vehicle warranty ripoff Dallas Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Return the vehicle to selling dealership

My 99 caravan broke down in front of my job. I could not drive it. It was making a loud noise from the engine. I called First Extended and they ask me to have the service station contact them. The service station called and were told to stop working on the van and have me towed it to major motors dealer because it was not forty miles away.

I called first extended and they told me to contact major motors for a tow truck. I did and they referred me to the dodge dealer in long island city new york who explained they would not tow the van to their shop because I own it for almost 2 years.

I explained to the dodge rep. I had no funds to rent a towe truck and that on the back of the warranty it states "Emergecy Repairs," Emergency repairs are defined as repairs required to enable your vehicle to be driven. I also explained the van could not be driven.

The service station also informed the van could not be driven. The rep's response was, Okay, this is what you would need in order for the warranty to be in effect. Do you have the schedule maintance and tune up done when needed? I answered yes. Do you have all the receipt from the oil changes since you own your van? I stated no and he said, if you do not have all the oil change recipts the warrantee company will not pay for repairs.

I explained since major motors sold me the van every few months I have to bring it in for repairs. Major motors even replaced the speed sensors with the wrong ones. He said there is nothing I could do. Now I am stuck with a 1,500.00 dollar bill and no van.

Pedro
yonkers, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2004 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Extended-Service-Corporation/Dallas-Texas-75313/First-Extended-Service-Corporation-denied-vehicle-warranty-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-92325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Extended Service Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Return the vehicle to selling dealership

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

First you do not need all of the oil changes receipts you will only need the last four to establish a pattern "having the tune up is an excuse to not pay a valid claim".

Return the vehicle to selling dealership "first extended" is a dealership self insured program the dealership decides if they are going to pay or not. If you did have all you service preformed as you stated at the selling dealership they will have a copy of all your service work done in their computer system.