• Report: #919303

Complaint Review: First Federal Credit Control

• Submitted: Sun, July 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 29, 2012

• Reported By: Kurt — Apollo Beach Florida U.S.A.
First Federal Credit Control
1150 Old Henderson Rd Columbus, Ohio United States of America

First Federal Credit Control Mary Vance Illegal actions causing defamation of character and suit to be filed. Columbus, Ohio

FFCC reported negative information on my credit reports which are not accurate.  They refuse to remove this information even with the followup of the company Arrico Real estate owner Paul Arrico.  This has now become a legal issue per the Federal Trade Commission.  The FTC states, "Every collector must send you a written validation notice telling you how much money you owe within five days after they first contact you. This notice also must include the name of the creditor to whom you owe the money, and how to proceed if you dont think you owe the money."  FFTC never contacted me with any validation notice yet they placed a collection on my credit reports which never occurred in the first place.  As well, here is some stated documentation from the owner himself Paul Arrington (Arrico Realty):

We have not added you to the reporting agencies. When you were initially contacted by the collection agency you contacted me and agreed to pay. Nothing, to my knowledge, has changed since then. It is possible that the collection agency mistakenly reported to the credit reporting agencies that you are not making payments. You will need to contact the agency that is reporting the information to have it corrected. I will be glad to verify that you have been making the payments as agreed and your current balance.

I apologize for the inconvenience and will try to help resolve this matter.  I have attached your ledger showing payments made. I hope this helps resolve the situation. I will also have Cheri contact the collection agency to try to resolve that as well.  I will have Cheri contact them and send your ledger over to them to try to clear it up

Paul W. Arrington, RMP
Licensed Real Estate Broker
644 E. Bloomingdale Ave.
Brandon, FL 33511
Office: 813-662-9363
FAX: 813-434-2444
Cell: 813-300-4052
FFCC refuses to remove this false collection from my credit reports as it was never in collection and they illegally took the action to place this on my credit reports.  At the same time on the first intial phone call from FFCC on 2/2012 I was threatened about this debt by Mary Vance of FFCC about I debt I had no idea about.  I spoke to the owner of Arrico about this the same day and he stated there was nothing the collection agency should be reporting since I voluntarily have been paying my debt to them.  In my opinion FFCC is very corrupt and past relations with other clients expose this.

I am a business owner in the state of Florida and do not appreciate these actions of FFCC or the act of defamation of character.

I want FFCC to remove this false information from my credit reports and I am giving them the option before proceeding with legal action against them and the filing of a suit.  Attached is the ledger from Arrico that was supplied by the owner showing my payments to them on a voluntary basis.  I had gone through a divorce and doing so have been making payments to Arrico Realty never once being reported or turned over to a collection agency.

Again, Every collector must send you a written validation notice telling you how much money you owe within five days after they first contact you. This notice also must include the name of the creditor to whom you owe the money, and how to proceed if you dont think you owe the money.  This process was never done because there was never a collection account yet FFCC still reports this on my credit reports reflecting this negative mark.  This needs to be removed by them otherwise I will be forced to proceed with further legal action.  Thank you for your time and consideration to this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2012 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Federal-Credit-Control/Columbus-Ohio-43277/First-Federal-Credit-Control-Mary-Vance-Illegal-actions-causing-defamation-of-character-an-919303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Federal Credit Control