Complaint Review: First Financial Credit Union

• Submitted: Thu, January 01, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 01, 2009

• Reported By:Prescott Arizona
First Financial Credit Union
ffcu.org West Covina, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-5378491 x3510
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Financial Credit Union Was my money stolen by the Credit Union? When 5-year CD matured, the credit union closed my account and refused to account for my life savings on deposit. West Covina California

Beginning the week of May 28 2008, numerous attempts were made via email and phone to redeem funds from my 5 year CD scheduled for initial maturity on
1-16-1996.

The funds were put in a CD account with the intent of long term investment savings. Upon deposit I was told the CD would automatically renew unless I indicated another preference.

Now that I am ready for my funds, the bank is unwilling to
release the funds and has no accounting for the funds. These funds were intended to help with retirement. I now urgently need to have my funds released. The credit union claims they have destroyed the records for my funds. Each time I had inquired about the funds earlier I was told the account was closed. Since May of 08, I have uncovered documentation showing the account had not been closed by me, the funds were not released to me; the account was closed apparently by the credit union shortly after the CD matured. They refuse to offer any accounting for how the funds were disbursed.

Pen
Prescott, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2009 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Financial-Credit-Union/West-Covina-California-91793/First-Financial-Credit-Union-Was-my-money-stolen-by-the-Credit-Union-When-5-year-CD-matu-406992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Financial Credit Union