Complaint Review: First House Financial

• Updated: Tue, January 10, 2012

• Reported By: Andrew — Portland Oregon United States of America
First House Financial

First House Financial NLErentals misleading representative Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Issue is Resolved!

I found this company through a posting on craigslist. I called the number listed in their craigslist listing, and spoke to "Rob Jackson - supervisor", who directed me to nlerentals.info. That site redirected to firsthousefinancial.com, where i was asked for a $10 "one time fee" to access their service, which i paid.

I was then redirected to another 'financial' website which wanted a $4.95 fee, at which point i got suspicious and asked "Rob" what exactly I was paying this money for, he lied, stating that it was a "refundable fee that you will get back in a few days after renting your home", which was NOT what it said on the website he had directed me to. At this point, I asked him how to go about cancelling the service, and he hung up on me.

I called the customer service line, which the email they sent me claims is open from 8am to 3pm, and was hung up on by the computer because apparently the listed business hours are not their business hours.

I have emailed them requesting that my account be cancelled, but want to make sure nobody else falls for this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2011 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-House-Financial/internet/First-House-Financial-NLErentals-misleading-representative-Internet-Internet-810793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First House Financial

Issue is Resolved!

AUTHOR: Diagnox - (U.S.A.)

Issue has been resolved. Thank you!