Complaint Review: First House Financial

• Submitted: Thu, December 15, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, December 17, 2011

• Reported By: J.M. — Ventura County California United States of America
First House Financial

First House Financial NLErentals.info Hidden Charge for Cancellation. Too many telephone handoffs Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Issue is Resolved!

Found Apartment/House Listing through Craigslist. Contacted the number on the Craigslist Ad. That number got me in contact with an "agent". Filled out the information on the website for their services. However, after I was transferred to a Credit Monitoring agency, I became suspicious. The agent had never said anything before about needing to talk to a credit monitoring agency when I asked him regarding the process. Subsequently hung up with the credit monitoring rep, before giving them too much information.

Called First House Financial customer support SAME DAY and requested that my service be discontinued. He said that there would be a $5 cancellation fee. I informed him that there was NO MENTION of the Cancellation fee by the agent, nor was there any mention of it in any of the emails I received. He said it was in the Terms of Service. I was not informed of any Terms, which seem more like Loopholes and Shady Business Practices.

He told me that if I didnt want to be charged the $5 fee, I would have to write a letter to their P.O. Box. I asked to speak to a manager, he informed me he was a manager. I then asked to speak with his manager, and he briefly stopped and reiterated that the $5 fee was in the Terms of Service. I once again told him that there was no mention of Terms and he said he would email me the Terms of Service. Told him to charge the $5. Because it was either that, or wait an INDEFINITE amount of time for the Cancellation fee to be waived, ALL while being charged the $20/month fee during that time.

Be Wary, Be Cautious. Don't use them or their services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2011 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-House-Financial/internet/First-House-Financial-NLErentalsinfo-Hidden-Charge-for-Cancellation-Too-many-telephone-809944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First House Financial

Issue is Resolved!

AUTHOR: Diagnox - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your attention in this matter.