legend

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Youngstown Ohio
First Hudson Leasing - Electronic Merchant Systems
5005 Rockside Rd. PH100 Independence, Ohio U.S.A.

First Hudson Leasing - Electronic Merchant Systems Charged a kids cancer non-profit thousands of dollars, for non-working equipment Youngstown Ohio

This non profit 501 c(3) is for cancer kids. A board member suggested getting a credit card terminal for fund raising events. Asked my local bank they put me in touch with these people. Demanded we locked in for 4 years minimum, because you would need to raise money at least that many years until you became self suffient. Many if longer. We signed the papers, and a terminal was delivered an a few days. A week later someone graced us with a 15 minute demo, which we were charged for that "demo Transaction" also.

After one year of trying to get this machine to work at events, (never did) yet we kept being charged for it. So I contacted company, explained it doesn't work and to cancel this account. People/techs would call to talk us through the problems, but always charging us fees for equipment and non use. They have automatically withdrawn $3,100.00 from the kids so far. When I told them we had no more money left, and donations had stopped because of the economy, she stated I could by the lease out for $1500.00 and return the equipment. I explained that the account was now overdrawn, and we had no money for equipment that didn't work or for needy sick kids. She said we signed a contract and they will pursue legal action to get their money and equipment. They expect to be paid! I expect to help people and continue working. Neither is happening. I really don't wish them harm, just clarity.

A way with words foundation, inc.
Youngstown, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Hudson-Leasing-Electronic-Merchant-Systems/Independence-Ohio-44131/First-Hudson-Leasing-Electronic-Merchant-Systems-Charged-a-kids-cancer-non-profit-thousa-425728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Hudson Leasing - Electronic Merchant Systems