Complaint Review: First Inet

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2007

• Reported By:Columbia Missouri
First Inet
P.O. Box 1778 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

First Inet Conned me out of $150! Took cash directly from Checking Account! Didn't Provide Advertised Platinum Card! ripoff Clearwater Florida

Back in 2004, I read a website from a company-"First Inet", offering a Platinum Card with a $10,000 Limit to help establish or re-establish Credit.

At the time, I didn't have credit. So, I authorized the $150.00 one-time membership fee to be debited from my checking account. I was apprehensive to do this, but I was separated from my then husband and needed credit on my own. This company said they would send a membership package and that I would have 7 days from receipt of this package to cancel.

To receive a "PROMPT" refund, I would need to send this complete membership package via mail at the address provided. By complying with these requirements would allow First Inet Card to verify my mailing and my receipt, "assuring" me my FULL refund would be processed immediately.

I NEVER received this membership package containing my new "Platinum" card, but my bank account was PROMPTLY debited the $150.00. I contacted my bank and asked them to stop payment on this transaction--The bank would not comply. I was told by my then Bank (US Bank-also scammers), that I authorized this transaction and that I would have to contact this company for a refund.

So, I went to the now disfunct website, and was shown the 800-252-INET# to contact customer service; The # kept ringing no answer. I tried again, I got an answering machine. Needless to say, this went on and on.

My then bank was no help. I didn't know what else to do, so I gave up. I had to swallow my pride and just accept that I had just given some "loser" preying off naive consumers, such as myself, $150 they obviously felt they deserved, more than I needed the bogus services they weren't really offering.

Patricia
Columbia, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 10:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Inet/Clearwater-Florida-33755/First-Inet-Conned-me-out-of-150-Took-cash-directly-from-Checking-Account-Didnt-Provide-263543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Inet