Complaint Review: First Line Security

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 02, 2007

• Reported By:Holladay Utah
First Line Security
getfirstline.com Orem, Utah U.S.A.

First Line Security FirstLine deceptive sales practices boy oh boy Ripoff Orem Utah

*Consumer Comment: U Make Me Laugh

Please excuse my rant...

I cannot understand how we went from simple door-to-door sales to such deceptive maneuvers to make a sale. It's even more unbelievable that companies like Firstline can find so many people willing to learn how to tell lies. I would really love to be a fly on the wall when one of their sales training sessions was underway. How do they explain that they will have to tell every customer that they have chosen their house as an "advertising house" for which they get a free system? Are these college kids that dumb? Don't they realize, or mind all of the lying? Did liars and thieves raise them? If one of my sons told me he was going to go door to door and sucker people into buying some products, I'd kick his _ss! If my company asks me to deceive the customer to get a sale, I would give them the finger! How desperate must you be, and how do you feel good about what you do for a living when you realize that you are simply preying on people who don't have all the facts? Anything for a lousy buck these days, I guess. :-( Very sad.

I had two Firstline salesmen come to my door the other day. They told me they loved my house so much that they want to put a sign on my lawn and would compensate me for it. I should have stopped him right there (because I wasn't at all buying his number), and told him just how good that sounded. Next, I should have immediately invited them in, retrieved my PC, created a contract, asked him how much they were going to pay for the use of my lawn and watched them squirm. What the heck? I bluntly asked if they were selling a security system. He says, "No maam, not at all." What a bunch of bull___! Why would they lie? They would have had a sale if they had come to my door, told me they wanted to offer me a security system and how much it was going to cost. I just happen to be in the market for one.

Don't we have integrity in business at all anymore? Is a lie no longer considered a lie if your taking someone's money? Why have a business that lives off the good idea of another business - like a leach! This just didn't used to happen no so long ago. I don't trust a single salesman now, and I will never again buy anything without tremendous research into the business I am dealing with. I am the "unlucky" customer of the nasty business practices of another Home Security sham already - stuck in an endless contract with Monitronics! How can these practices really be the "way to go" in the eyes of those practicing them? People are fed up!

Dawn
Holladay, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Line-Security/Orem-Utah/First-Line-Security-FirstLine-deceptive-sales-practices-boy-oh-boy-Ripoff-Orem-Utah-260274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Line Security

U Make Me Laugh

AUTHOR: Unique - (U.S.A.)

Its funny how we have grown adults, discussing a topic that is more then ridiculous, i would use ludacrous but its not like that. Its just opinions thrown to bowls of nonsense, full of people endulging themselves, with nothing to do, but rant on about how some one ripps off someone, else. But in fact its just people hearing rumors and feeding nothing but their opinions that they consider are facts. I for a fact know that their is a contract that they give the consumer, if the consumer does not want to read and just sign that is their bad, on top off that their is 3 confirmation calls, where the consumer is asked questions, and continously asked if they understand. So to those who resume on ranting about how they were never ripped off, "Chew On This Its Delicious."
-Rene Mijango Jr. and Im Only 16.