Complaint Review: First Link Benefits

• Submitted: Sat, January 08, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, January 08, 2005

• Reported By:Tipp Ciity Ohio
First Link Benefits
P.O. Box 1287 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

First Link Benefits ripoff solicited my home telephone number on November 17th. The company didn't send a computer or a $2500 credit card. My children had no computer for christmas and we were out $355. I reported them to the Attorney General. Champlain New York

My name is Amy and my children were looking for a brand new computer as there christmas present. The children were all willing to give up there small christmas requests to recieve a large gift instead.

On November the 17th 2004 we were solicited by telephone. The company was " First Link Benefits ". They had promised us within 2 weeks after that date we would recieve a computer and a $2500 credit card. I was told to give them my account number and they would deduct $354 from my account to take care of the cost of the computer. The company sent nothing after 2 weeks.

I then called the company and spoke with a representative. When I asked for the supervisor I was told he was busy and coldn't get back with me. My children and I were devistated. They told me the merchandise would be at my residence on or before the 17th of December. It came, but much to our surprise it was nothing but a small box with solicitative brochures. There was no computer, and no credit card.

I called the company back and threatened to file a lawsuit. The represenative stated to me when I asked him how to send it back and get a refund " You can get that when You contact your Attorney ". At that point I was in a rage my children had NO Christmas present under the tree and I had to track down the $354 back to my account. I have since then spoke to the Attorney General of the State of New York and I am now trying to track my $ down. It is causing such a hardship in my life and not to mention they have to be tracked down to the canadian border. I have also been informed that they are holding my account number and could possibly access it at any time.

I have cried many tears and am willing to file a class action Lawsuit if anyone will help or take par in this with me. I believe if we all come together and go aginst them we can conquer there decietful ways. I am a mother of three and I love my children dearly. To me they have not just offended me but they have broken the hearts of little innocent children as well.

Please help me if you can or if you have encounterd anymore complaints on this company make them aware of my situation. I am sorry to say that I struggle financialy and need all the help I can get on this matter. May God bless You for your service, and thank you for hearing my voice.

Amy
Tipp Ciity, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2005 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Link-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919-1287/First-Link-Benefits-ripoff-solicited-my-home-telephone-number-on-November-17th-The-compan-126485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Link Benefits