Complaint Review: First Link Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, October 04, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, October 08, 2004

• Reported By:Bonne Terre Missouri
First Link Benefits
100a Walnut D-15 Suite100 New York, New York U.S.A.

First Link Benefits - World Of Benefits ripoff Got Routing Number and Checking Number with promise of Gateway Computer 124gig and 25,000.00 Master Card Plus Voive Mail New York

*Consumer Comment: I beat the scam and want to provide any thing i can to help

I was called on the phone and offered this deal.
after a one time Fee of $354.90 is deducted, from my checking acct. I would recieve the following.
First I had to give a taped conversation(?), with my Routing No. and my Checking No.(strange). They said it would be for a 25,000.00 Mastercard, and a Gateway Computer with at least 124 gigabyte of memory,(this aroused my suspention) as there is only 120 are more.
Also they said I would get free voice mail for 30 days?
None of this made any since after thinking about it, They articulate in a different language and very fast.
Therefore I called my bnk and they said the best thing to do is close my acct.

This also makes it harder beacuse now I must noyify the S.S. Adminstration of my new acct No. I am very anxious and upset over all this, I have to make it to the bank or many checks may bounce. I will be writing my Congressman, B.B.B. and Cocumer Advocate, along with the Attorney Genenrals Dept in both States, and whomever I can come up with in this matter.
Sincerely,

Roy
Bonne Terre, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2004 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Link-Benefits/New-York-New-York-12919/First-Link-Benefits-World-Of-Benefits-ripoff-Got-Routing-Number-and-Checking-Number-with-111388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Link Benefits

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

on 10/07/04 i was called by this scam. I thought it was legit but i hadn't had the bank or company name that they were with. so i called them back and when i did i found out they were that first link benefits. so i looked it up on the internet today (10/08/04) and found this sight which showed me the truth. so now i really wanted to provide that they were calling me on a phone number that had no area code it was 223-2263 if this helps im glad. where as the other number was that 1-800-315-0356. I hope this helps.