- Report: #233674
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: First Magnus
First Magnus603 North Wilmot Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.
First Magnus, 1st Pyramid Financial mortgage settlement delays unprofessional ripoff Tucson Arizona
*Author of original report: Just a follow up.
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Mortgage Company was not at fault
On the day of settlement the buyer's broker from 1st Pyramid Financial said that after all the settlement documents were signed, they had to be faxed to an underwriter at First Magnus for approval. My knowledge in these matters is limited, but from what I understand this is an uncommon practice. After a few hours of waiting, the broker said the loan was approved and the loan would be funded. This is also another uncommon practice. The Title Company said that most loans are funded just prior to the settlement.
This is where the real trouble began, and the people buying our house were forced to jump through hoops. The scenario below played out an unreasonable number of times for the next 2 days.
1) Wait for the loan to be funded by First Magnus.
2) Title company calls First Magnus asking where funds are.
3) First Magnus requests additional information from borrower.
4) Borrower supplies additional information.
5) Go to step 1 and repeat over and over for next 2 days.
After 2 days of having the borrower jump through hoops (sending on-line bank statement, send copy of monthly bank statement, send copy of bank statement directly from bank, etc.) we were in danger of losing OUR new house that we were supposed to make settlement on. The Title Company was going to send all contracts back to all parties. What turned things around was when I notified the Pennsylvania Banking Commision. Once First Magnus found out that the Banking Commission was requesting that the Title Company fax all documents to them, the funds were sent within an hour.
As I stated, I'm not an expert in this area, but..
1) Aren't loans supposed to be approved prior to settlement?
2) Aren't loans suppposed to be funded at settlement?
3) Aren't brokers supposed to be licensed in the state their operating in? The 1st Pyramid Financial Broker wasn't licensed in Pennyslvania.
Although we weren't the borrower from First Magnus, we sustained additional costs due to the manner they conducted themselves in this transaction. We incurred additional moving costs due to failed delivery attempts and over night storage charges. I rented a small UHaul for some of our items, and had to rent this for additional days. We wasted vacation days while the loan was in pending mode.
The Pennsylvania Banking Commission took up our cause, but the lender denied paying our additional expenses.
I understand that businesses sometimes makes mistakes. I have a high regard for businesses that quickly identify a problem and remedy it. This wasn't the case in this situation.
By the way, did I mention that my wife was 8-1/2 months pregnant at the time of settlement? Luckily the family is fine and in our new house. My advice to anyone buying or selling a home where First Magnus or 1st Pyramid Financial is involved, run to a more professional lender and broker.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2007 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Magnus/Tucson-Arizona-85711/First-Magnus-1st-Pyramid-Financial-mortgage-settlement-delays-unprofessional-ripoff-Tucso-233674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)