Complaint Review: First Merit Bank

• Submitted: Wed, June 16, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, June 16, 2010

• Reported By: Chris — lodi Ohio U.S.A.
First Merit Bank
209 wooster st Internet, Ohio United States of America

First Merit Bank Buuls**t Internet, Ohio

I deposited my work check which I thought meant would credit my account ..it didn't!!!!! Until the next day and they charged me 165.00 in overdraft fees , I had my account there for 13 years and have always done it this way! They said if I went in and got it cashed I could have gotten the cash THAT DAY! I could have cashed it that way and drove around to the drive thru and deposited it and that would be fine,but since I deposited it ,they put a hold on it!!

I called them and explained they have taken my kids grocery money and partial house payment by doing this.I am a single parent and lost my job due to the recession and am struggling to keep my home and food since I have only found minimum wage job. It was no surprise they didnt CARE!!!!

I have done this for years with NO problems!!!What is the difference if I cashed it and then deposited it or just deposit it (WHICH IS HOW THEY SCREWED ME)
I am changing over to Huntington banks!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2010 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Merit-Bank/Internet-Ohio-44254/First-Merit-Bank-Buulst-Internet-Ohio-614766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Merit Bank