Complaint Review: First Merit Bank

• Reported By: KWisor — Wadsworth Ohio United States of America
First Merit Bank

First Merit Bank Overdraft Fee Rip Off Is Happening Again Folks! Internet

*Consumer Comment: simple fix

First Merit Bank is at it again folks! Two years ago they were accused of selectively processing transactions to facilitate a maximum amount of fees to account holders. They are doing it again. Watch your money. I looked at my account one day on line and showed a negative balance the samer day I depoosited $1,000.00. The next day there were four more. They were holding the funds deposited. I sat in their office in Wadsworth and was told I had $799.00 available. That's the amount I had in the account. ( The only difference in my check register and the online balance was the amount of their fees ) I had several hundred dollars in my pocket as I was going out of town  but was assured by their rep that there was $799.00 . I bought gas with my card and was assessed an overdradft fee. When I asked the same rep I talked to just days before I was told There was only $200.00 made available. This was completely contradictory to what I was told face to face. End of the fourth quarter and fees are being assesed at a grand rate. My check register was correct, My balance available on the computer was correct they ONLY difference was their fees. The check from the credit union for $1,000 was held longer than it had been in prior months, I believe things were being processed out of sequence and the result was overdrafts galore. I think They are manipulating fees again by changing the processing criteria from X day holds to Y etc... what your used to they have changed. So be prepared to donate as I have unwillingly done. I hate feling like the bank has their hand in my pocket.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Merit-Bank/internet/First-Merit-Bank-Overdraft-Fee-Rip-Off-Is-Happening-Again-Folks-Internet-933016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Merit Bank

simple fix

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Don't spend money until after deposits are posted to your account.