Complaint Review: First Mutual Clearing House

• Submitted: Wed, June 06, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, June 06, 2007

• Reported By:Lake Charles, Louisiana
First Mutual Clearing House
789 South College Avenue Newark, Delaware U.S.A.

First Mutual Clearing House - Fortune 500 Rewards - Prize Notification Consumer Compensation drawing -International Rewards Promotion program - Adlin Ripoff Construction checking account name drawn on Wells Fargo Bank N.A. Newark Delaware

I received a letter from First Mutual Clearing House certifying me as a winner of the Fortune 500 Companies Consumer Rewards program, The 'prize on hold for me' is $70,000. However, in order to receive the funds, I must transfer the funds from the very authentic-looking enclosed check for $2,975 to this company. These funds are meant to satisfy a required processing -administrative fee of $2,850, just in case I do not have the personal money to pay this fee! I guess for all of my trouble, I receive a net of $125!

Of course, I am informed that the total amount of the $2,975 funds are placed on hold until I call the number provided and speak to the contact officer responsible for my file, one Jennifer Edwards. And, all of this must take place before June 11, 2007. The letter is cordially signed by one Bethany Harper. Oh, and I must have my giveaway ID# and it is imperative that I do not let any one have access to this number. However, the number is printed on the letter that is included with the check. Go figure!

The company listed on the check is Adlin Construction 25971 Pala, Mission Viejo, CA 92691 and it is drawn on Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. The account number is 122000247 with the bank routing number 063288. I am sure the checks were purchased in bulk at an office supply retail store and conveniently printed with all of the bogus information. How easy is that?

Sadly, most Americans are so focused upon 'getting rich' with no hard work and effort, that many would fall for this obvious scheme. A little common sense and a splattering of age old common sense would make it fairly obvious that no Fortune 500 company loves me enough to give me $70 grand. Afterall, what would its stockholders have to say about that!

Lake Charles,, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2007 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Mutual-Clearing-House/Newark-Delaware-19713/First-Mutual-Clearing-House-Fortune-500-Rewards-Prize-Notification-Consumer-Compensati-252739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Mutual Clearing House