Complaint Review: First National Bank Of Marin, Marin National Bancorp

• Submitted: Thu, January 06, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, January 06, 2005

• Reported By:Lexington South Carolina
First National Bank Of Marin, Marin National Bancorp
585 Pilot Road Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

First National Bank Of Marin, Marin National Bancorp Ripoff NEVER RECEIVED PAYMENT AFTER CLOSING ACCOUNT Las Vegas Nevada

I've tried to close my account with FNBM (BM, very appropriate!) but they have never processed my check. I think this is because the check I sent can only be processed manually, FNBM called and said that the check was refused by the bank. I contacted the bank (WAMU) and they never received the check for processing, informing me that they only process manually (TG). I still have not received the "bad" check and when I told FNBM this they had no answer, they don't even know where the check is.

They are calling continuously sometimes an hour after I've spoken to them stating there's no record of a call to me. I haven't received any statments since I closed the account, they said this has been a problem for them??? Anyway, in my research I have found that the OCC(?) came to some kind of settlement in 2001 with them regarding their practices. I found negative info on them on the Better Business Bureau site. This company is disgusting! They take advantage anyway they can. Sure we should all be more careful, but hey, we're all just humans trying to survive! Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, duh-huh!

Lexington, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2005 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Bank-Of-Marin-Marin-National-Bancorp/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89119/First-National-Bank-Of-Marin-Marin-National-Bancorp-Ripoff-NEVER-RECEIVED-PAYMENT-AFTER-C-126181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Bank Of Marin, Marin National Bancorp