Complaint Review: First National Bank of Texas

• Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: Seriously!!?? — Seaside California
First National Bank of Texas
Internet USA

First National Bank of Texas First Nation Bank of Texas a Rip Off. Ridiculous fees for ridiculous things. Internet

Last year I opened up an account solely to cash a cashiers check. My regular bank, didn't have actual banking tellers in Texas where I was living. I opened this bank account, made it clear that I had no intentions of banking with them, deposited the minimum amount to open the account, cashed my check and went on with my life. Never got a bank card, never thought twice about never using them. Upon moving to CA, I started receiving tons of 1-888 phone calls, 3 and 4 times a day, early and late, and after finally giving them the time of day, I learn that my account is negative $115. The reason? Returned mail. I didn't update my address so the mail (bank statements) they sent to my old address was returned to them thus incurring a penalty fee of $5. A penalty fee for returned mail?!?! Which then accumulated at the rate of $2.85 per day it wasn't rectified. Sure would have been nice if Mr. smooth talker banker man at Wal-Mart who opened my account thought to throw that in there while he was touting all the "no fees". Now I have to spend my afternoon on the phone bitching out everyone up the chain to get this resolved. As of now I am waiting for an Account Manager to call me back... I'm not paying $115 for an account I never used.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Bank-of-Texas/internet/First-National-Bank-of-Texas-First-Nation-Bank-of-Texas-a-Rip-Off-Ridiculous-fees-for-ri-1067846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Bank of Texas