Complaint Review: First National Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, April 27, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 02, 2005

• Reported By:East Stone Gap Virginia
First National Benefits
15720 Delaney Dr. Ste 300 Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

First National Benefits They called me promising a $12,500 grant., then took $29.99 out of my checking account, then another $299.95. Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: You are not very "swift", are you?

I received a call on march 23rd from a gentleman, promising that I would receive a $12,500 grant. He asked me for my bank account info, & explained that a $30 prosessing fee was require.He called every day for several days asking for the same information.The accent of the man made it difficult for me undersatnd him(Indonesian or something). I gave him the account info that he asked for(Big mistake), & on 4/01/05 they took the 29.95 out of my checking account.I expected the grant to be deposited into my account shortly afterwords (as he promised it would), but instead, on 4/15/05 another 299.95 was withdrawn from my account. I have yet to receive the grant, & now after seeing this site, I definately don't expect to see it... This has been a terrible experience, & has taught me a valuable lesson.

Danny
East Stone Gap, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2005 03:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Benefits/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28277/First-National-Benefits-They-called-me-promising-a-12500-grant-then-took-2999-out-of-140556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Benefits

You are not very "swift", are you?

AUTHOR: Arnie - (U.S.A.)

Anyone who would take "cold calls" on the telephone, and provide bank account information to A COMPLETE STRANGER, deserves to learn a lesson the hard way.

To compound matters, and this is difficult to believe...you have actually posted copies of checks bearing your name, address, and account number for ANYONE WITH ACCESS TO THIS WEB SITE to see...and use, if they wish, for identity theft.

You need to do some serious thinking about how you use the internet.