Complaint Review: First National Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, August 10, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 10, 2005

• Reported By:Modesto California
First National Benefits
7011 N.W. 87th Avenue, #1038 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

First National Benefits Scam!!! Miami Florida

I received a call from a man with a very foreign accent telling me that my phone number had been selected by the government to receive a grant that i did not have to pay back at any time for $12,500, i told them i was not interested, they proceeded to tell me my checking account was going to be debitted 29.95 and that the money would not come from me but from the grant i was to recieve, one again i stated i was not interested.

The man who never did give me his name proceeded to rattle off a string of numbers which turned out to be not only my account number but my routing number as well. At the time i did not know it untill today when i checked my account and found that 29.95 had indeed been taken out by this company.

I attempted to call the customer service number located on the check and it did nothing but give me a recording for 45 mins saying all reps were busy.

I looked this company up on the internet and found that they have been reported to the BBB. It also seems that the 29.95 was just the first step, 299.95 was to billed the following week. The only way to stop this is call your bank asap and tell them then you have to close your account and open a new one because these people have not only your account number but your routing number as well and they can draft checks from your account without a signature or approval.

Modesto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2005 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Benefits/Miami-Florida-33178/First-National-Benefits-Scam-Miami-Florida-153222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Benefits