Complaint Review: First National Benefits

• Submitted: Fri, June 17, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, July 07, 2005

• Reported By:Paoli Pennsylvania
First National Benefits
7011 NW 87th Ave #1038 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

First National Benefits ripoff fraudulent checking account debit Miami Florida

*Author of original report: just charged again

*Consumer Suggestion: If someone calls you dont give any information

I received a phone call and was told that for $29.95 I could apply for a scholarship for $12,500 and I was assured that I would get $12,500 if I applied. If I was awarded this scholarship then I would not be charged a fee of $299.95. If I was not awarded a scholarship there would be no other fees. During my initial phone conversation I stated that I did not want the charge of $299.95 to my account. I was told that it would not be debited to my account unless I did not get awarded a scholarship.

My account was charged $29.95 on 5/2/05. Then on 5/16/05 my account was debited $299.95. I called the 800 number several times and no one answered. I finally called the number that was provided to me by the bank to inquire why I was charged the $299.95 and First National Benefits told me that due to my negligence I was charged their fee.

I have since tried multiple times to call them and there is never any answer. I have tried calling different days and time. I have filed a fraudulent affidavit with my bank to try and get my money bac.

Linda
Paoli, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2005 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Benefits/Miami-Florida-33178/First-National-Benefits-ripoff-fraudulent-checking-account-debit-Miami-Florida-146559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Benefits

just charged again

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I was just charged again $19.95 from this company. I need to just close my account so they can no longer charge my account.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

If someone calls you dont give any information

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

If someone calls you-do NOT give them any information (unless of course they are a KNOWN, REPUTABLE company).

Scholarships and Grants DO NOT cost any money! If you want/need a scholarship or grant, do the research and find out how to apply and do it yourself.

This report is particularly disturbing as the person that called you said you would be charged $29.95 just to APPLY for a scholarship. An application is not a guarantee of anything.

Out of curiousity, I am wondering how First National Benefits found all the people that have filed reports on this site?