Complaint Review: First National Card - cca

• Updated: Sun, November 25, 2007

• Reported By:north attleboro Massachusetts
First National Card - cca
Nationwide U.S.A.

First National Card - cca they stole $200 from my account for an activation fee. I got nothing back in return Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Shredded Card and Application

*Consumer Suggestion: Big ripoff!!!

I got the cca card in the mail and it looked interesting. It said I had a $6500 credit limit if i called and and activated it today. So I called them up and asked them a hole bunch of questions and it sounded pretty legit.

I gave them my account info and they said my booklets would be in the mail. They took the $200 activation fee out of my account and ii have not recieved anything in the mail.

I called them up and asked where my booklets are and they said that they are very busy and that they will get them out. I still haven't recieved anything else. I even got another cca card in the mail saying that I got a $6500 credit limit if i acctivate the card today. The same exact card. They really know a sucker when they see one.

Mike
north attleboro, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2007 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Card-cca/nationwide/First-National-Card-cca-they-stole-200-from-my-account-for-an-activation-fee-I-got-not-286575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Card - cca

Shredded Card and Application

AUTHOR: Clairetta - (U.S.A.)

I got this in my mail too, and checking out what they offered, which is buying from their extremely expensive catalog, decided to shred their card and their application. After reading of this, I'm so thankful I did.

One thing I learned is to not give my no. over the phone until I've done a lot of research, and then I'm skeptical. This research will, possibly, keep a lot of people from being ripped off.

I agree. Close that account. I don't know if they will take any more out, but why take chances.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Big ripoff!!!

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

You realize that card is only good for highly overpriced catalog junk don't you? Its not REALLY a credit card, like Visa or Amex.......you gave them your bank info over the phone??!!?? Well, if I were you I would be closing that account before they come back and clean it out!!!!!!!!!

As far as getting back the initial money, don't hold your breath!