Complaint Review: First National Collection Bureau, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, March 14, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 01, 2011

• Reported By: hllycrg — fort worth Texas United States of America
First National Collection Bureau, Inc.
610 Waltham Way Sparks, NV 89434 Sparks, Nevada United States of America

First National Collection Bureau, Inc. Claiming i owe for a bank account in Cal when i have never been west of Texas and never had an account with Capital One Sparks, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Possible Identity Theft?

I recieved a letter stating I owe $588.52 to Monterey County Bank/ Capital One.  I have never heard of this bank nor have I ever lived in such a county by that name. I was very curious as to where this place was, if it did exist.  I looked online for where this bank was.  I discovered it is in California.  I have never ever been west of central Texas, and I have never ever had a Capital One account.  I tried calling the number I was given on the collection letter to clear this up and I was told, both times I called it, that the number is not a working number and there was no other way of contacting them other than by sending in my payments, even though it says they are open m-f 6a-6p and sat 6a-noon pst.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2011 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Collection-Bureau-Inc/Sparks-Nevada-89434/First-National-Collection-Bureau-Inc-Claiming-i-owe-for-a-bank-account-in-Cal-when-i-ha-705732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Collection Bureau, Inc.

Possible Identity Theft?

AUTHOR: Deborah - (USA)

You should immediately get copies of all your credit reports and see what else is going on.  You can also lock down your credit through the credit reporting companies and have them put on them that you are a victim of identity theft.  Something similar happened to me several years back, and ultimately this was what I had to do to stop it.

Once you've assessed the damage done, file a police report and a complaint with the FTC (the latter can be done online).

I suspect lenders will one day have to resort to biometrics to confirm the identity of borrowers before long, at the rate ID theft is increasing.