Complaint Review: First National Collection Bureau, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, November 21, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, December 05, 2010

• Reported By:Buckhannon West Virginia
First National Collection Bureau, Inc.
610 Waltham Way, Sparks, NV. 89434 Sparks, Nevada U.S.A.

First National Collection Bureau, Inc. Trying to collect money from a bad debt that does not exist. Sparks Nevada

*Consumer Comment: low lifes

*Consumer Comment: I am overwhelmed...

*Consumer Comment: What part of I paid all my bills don't you understand

*Consumer Suggestion: I suggest that "Stan the man" learn the law and get a grip on reality!

*UPDATE Employee: First National Collection Bureau

*Consumer Comment: I have also been contacted by this company

*Consumer Comment: I agree

*Consumer Suggestion: Kathy. you are dealing with JUNK DEBT BUYERS!!

I have recently received a collection letter from a First National Collection Bureau, Inc. in Sparks, NV. dated November 15, 2007.

The letter states that I am in dept to the creditor, which is MedClr,Inc.; the Original creditor, EMP of Harrison, for a service performed in Sept. 2003. Now, I have to tell you that I have always paid my bills, on time, and at that time, I believe I did have some medical problems and was admitted to United Hospital Center in Harrison County, WV. But everyone of those bills sent to me were paid on by my insurance and was paid by me the remainder balance.

Any bills I received, I do have receipts, where they were paid in full. I also have Insurance claim forms on everything that was paid at that time. I just recently talked to United Hospital Center billing department, the only place in Harrison County that I have ever been admitted to, and I called to make sure all of my bills had been paid in full and were up to date. They said that they all were paid in full...NOTHING OWED!

I had been paying religiously on a bill since 1988, and had it paid off. They proceeded to tell me that they got a new computer system in 2003 or 2005, I can't remember which, and they erased all old accounts and unpaid bills. She told me they have just been applying the money I sent as a credit, and applying the monies to any occurring bills I had had since then. They ended up sending me a check. So, why would a company associated with United Hospital Center say they could never get a hold of me, turn a bill over to a collection agency 4 years later? I have lived in the same place going on 12 years. Medical people in Harrison County know where I live! I have been doctoring in Clarksburg, WV. since 1987. My children were born there.

I have a great repour with the doctors, staff, and the billing department at UHC. Something smells rotten in Denmark to me! I'm just concerned that someone is trying to steal my identity or pull a scam on me.

They do have the last 4 digits of my social security number. That worries me!If EMP of Harrison County needs me to pay a bad debt, first they need to contact me, and I will be glad to write them a check. If I do in fact owe it to them! I will be calling UHC on Monday, Nov. 26, 2007, and try to find out what is going on. If it is a scam I will inform them that this is going on. Anyone has any advice, please leave a note for me! Thank you!

Kathy
Buckhannon, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2007 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Collection-Bureau-Inc/Sparks-Nevada-89434/First-National-Collection-Bureau-Inc-Trying-to-collect-money-from-a-bad-debt-that-does-n-286053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Collection Bureau, Inc.

low lifes

AUTHOR: Frink - (United States of America)

To Sarah, it's no surprise.  The reason people work for collection agencies is that they are not able to work anywhere else.  Drug addicts, ex cons, people with antisocial personalities, people on parole, first time kids desperate for any kind of work-- these comprise the bulk of bill colllectors.

Now, when you have a junk debt collector like First National, you get the very bottom of that barrel.  Think about it: anyone that wants to go to work every day and take peoples' hard-earned money from them has to have something a little wrong with them.  If nothing else, it shows a severe lack of empathy.  The term sociopath comes to mind, in fact.

Make no mistake about it: in the break room bill collectors talk about the people they call and laugh at them.  They actually enjoy making the people they call afraid.  They think it's funny.

My best advice: don't answer the phone to any number you don't recognize.  If your computer has a modem, connect a phone line to it, then download and run Phone Tray Free.  You can program it to block calls from specific numbers, or even from entire area codes, and even give out "this line is disconnected" messages.

Remember, First National is a junk debt collector.  Legally, they can do nothing.  If the debt is over seven years old, it isn't even on your credit report.

Unfortunately, what will happen is they will give up, and sell your name to even scummier collectors.  In that case, use Phone Tray to block the new callers and you'll be fine.  No matter what, stick to your guns.  NEVER talk to them.

I am overwhelmed...

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Wow! If Stan the Man's response is any indication of the education level of this company's employees, that has to say something about this so-called "debt collecton" company. In just six short sentences, I counted eight spelling/grammar mistakes. That does not take into account the lack of spaces between the periods.

Most of the "deadbeats" that you people harass either don't owe the debt and you are contacting the wrong person or the debt is so old that it is not legally collectable. Kathy, do what Steve says and all will be well and ignore ill-mannered, uneducated jerks like Stan.

Stan, you might want to consider enrolling in a grammar class so that you'll sound smarter when you speak.

What part of I paid all my bills don't you understand

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

STAN THE MAN is a bottomfeeder of the worst kind. His response is exactly what I expect to hear from a bogus debt collection attempt.

BY LAW you are required to validate when requested by the person you contacted.

You cannot state that we'll validate in court.

When you refuse to - it just shows that you are trying to rip off this person.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

I suggest that "Stan the man" learn the law and get a grip on reality!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

"Stan the Man",

Listen up bottomfeeder, as you desperately need some education.

It is clear that you have a severe attitude problem, but you run up against me, I will fix it for you. Guaranteed.

First of all, there is NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT to sign a "debt validation request". The FDCPA does not require it, nor does any other state or federal law. A printed name and/or initials is just fine.

If you disagree, SHOW ME the specific law that requires a signature.
Show me now. Or shut up and go back to your cubicle.

Furthermore, taking retaliatory action against a legal request under the FDCPA will cause you to lose the case when the "lowlife debtor" as you put it hauls you in front of a judge for the FDCPA violations you engage in on a daily basis.

Do you even know what the FDCPA is?
Do you even know how to read?

The fact is that MOST lowlife bottomfeeders like yourself, and the agency you work for WILL NOT SUE. That's right. You are all HOT AIR. Less than 3% of all collections actions end up in court. That statistic comes off a very credible website, go ahead and find it.

And for your information, us "lowlife deadbeats" DO NOT have to prove anything! That's rigt, we do not have to prove the debt is not ours, but the LEGAL BURDEN of proof is ON YOU to prove the debt is OWED TO YOU!

THAT is the law.
Learn it.

>>>
Submitted: 9/8/2008 11:05:08 PM
Modified: 9/8/2008 11:59:34 PM Stan The Man
New York, New York

First National Collection Bureau
If the low life deadbeat consumer send a DEBT VALIDATION letter and don't sign it we will SUE.And yes we will do a validation of the debt in court in front of the judge.And sometime we will put the debt on your credit reports and tell you we are not collectiong on the debt at this time.We let you sweat your fat low life deadbeat A@@ on what to do next.And yes you say it is not MINE.We say prove it in court.

>>>

First National Collection Bureau

AUTHOR: Stan The Man - (U.S.A.)

I have also been contacted by this company

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

been contacted by this company also and know that I do not have any outstanding bills with anyone.
If a class action case is started for this company........please let me know.

I agree

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

These people are probably hoping to scare you into giving them money. Make them dot their i's and cross their t's. That's where they'll fumble.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Kathy. you are dealing with JUNK DEBT BUYERS!!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Kathy,

You are dealing with JUNK DEBT BUYERS who buy old debts of these type for pennies or less on the dollar, usually less than a penny on the dollar. And, the worst part is, they get only a printout with very limited information on the actual account status and the original debtor.

Most important! STAY OFF THE PHONE!! never call, or speak to ANY third party debt collector / junk debt buyer on the phone!! This will NEVER produce positive results for you, and will ALWAYS make things worse for you. STAY OFF THE PHONE!!

The very first thing you want to do is check all 3 of the major credit bureaus to see if this is on your credit report. If it is, immediately dispute it in writing by certified mail, return reciept requested. Be sure yo put the certified # on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records. Be short and sweet. Dispute for reason "not my account" and then request copies of all correspondence used in the "verification" process in handling your dispute.

By the means above, send a "DEBT VALIDATION" request to the JUNK DEBT BUYERS / BOTTOMFEEDERS / Collection agency. DO NOT sign the letter, just print, and DO NOT provide any information to them that is not on the collection letter.

Note: They will most likely ask you to do a "fraud affidavit" when they recieve your dispute. NEVER do this!! It is just a scam to get more information from you.

In the DEBT VALIDATION request, simply DEMAND to see a contract with your signature on it as well as a full account history and itemization of ALL charges.

Also demand proof that they own the debt or have the legal right to collect it as well as proof that they are licensed to do debt collections in both your state and theirs.

Also dmenad that until the above requested proof is recieved by you, that any credit reporting be removed immediately.

Also inform them that any damages suffered by you due to their frivolous and illegal collections actions will be recovered via civil lawsuit, as well as complaints being filed with appropriate government agencies.

With this done, you will most likely never hear from them again. In most cases, they know they cannot validate the debt. If they refer you back to the original creditor, DO NOT do this. NEVER do this. They are totally out of the picture.

Have fun with these morons. Then make them pay you when they screw up, and they will! Guaranteed!