Complaint Review: First National Consumers

• Reported By:Mesa AZ
First National Consumers
Nationwide U.S.A.

First National Consumers - Over the phone= SCAM

I was contacted over the phone in mid January, and told by letting them take $199.00 out of my bank account, I would receive a credit card (Visa) for $2,500.00. I should of listened to Mother.... to goood to be true. After waiting a period Approx. 7 business days I called my bank to see what other information I could obtain about this company. All they could tell me is that the company took $199.00 out of my account and the name. No address or phone #. My Bank Rep was very willing to assist me, She suggested doing a reversal of payment.
She asked me if I had given them my permission (you can say no, the bank has no way of contacting this company) by doing this and paying a small fee of $15.00 to my bank I was able to Not only get my $199.00 back but I have a 6 month block on this company also. I am gratful to my bank. As for this First National Consumers Credit card Scam. DO NOT LET THEM GET YOU!

Lisa
Masa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Consumers/nationwide/First-National-Consumers-Over-the-phone-SCAM-14744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Consumers